Dec 18, 2007

Sun City Girls - Box Of Chameleons (3xCD, 1997)

Sun City Girls are one of my favourite bands, so obviously I was stoked when I found this beauty in a bargain bin this evening. So, this is basically 3 fantastic discs worth of Sun City Girls goodness. It's a big download, but it's more than worth the effort. The track listing (which no, I'm not writing out for you) can be found here, and I would highly recommend visiting their website for info and purchasing opportunities. If you haven't heard of this excellent band before, then you've been missing out, but I won't even bother trying to describe their music - just listen to it.

Other Sun City Girls albums can be found at these great blogs:

Shards of Beauty
Eclectic Grooves
FM Shades
Astraal Tempel RhytHmns
Sector 2814
Pathway to Unknown Worlds

Another great Sir Richard Bishop solo release can be found here - Audial Forensics


Box of Chameleons Part 1
Box of Chameleons Part 2

Merry Whatever.

6 comments:

Bloody Holly said...

Thanks for this one and the SCG links, especially to the Moe Tucker album from FM Shades.
May I add a post with 3 SCG albums from my blog to your list?
...and thanks for adding me to your blogroll; linked you back!

Cellar said...

thanks very much, awesoem blog!

Kevin said...

Hey man thanks for the shout and adding Eclectic Grooves to your links. I am downloading the Box of Chameleons right now. I will add you to my blog links in return. Happy 2008!

Cheers, Kevin

Anonymous said...

Not to nit pick or anything - this really is awesome - but three songs from the second disc are missing. Where would they be?

Holly said...

Hi j. - there shouldn't be any missing trcks. Which numbers seem to be missing?

Paul Bauman said...

First 3 tracks of the second disk are missing:

Sunclivity
Prison Quality Food
Wary of it All