Oct 29, 2007

Straitjacket Fits - Melt (1990)

A slice of excellent homegrown music today! I found this album at my grandparents' place a while back, left there when my uncle emigrated to the UK an aeon ago. For some inexplicable reason, it is out of print, so I thought I'd post it. Straitjacket Fits are legendary round these parts, but if you haven't heard of them, read this bio for info on their career up to 1993 (update your website Flying Nun!). Anyway, after this bio so abruptly stops, Straitjacket Fits unfortunately broke up. They reunited for a tour a few years back, but the members remain focussed on their new projects, the most notable of which is Shayne Carter's Dimmer.

This is definitely one of my favourite kiwi rock albums (which is saying something), so I highly recommend that you download this. You can buy their best of here, and you should. For more obscure releases by them (some links are dead unfortunately, but a couple are still active) and their contemporaries, visit KiwiTapes.

Melt

No comments: